Thursday, January 3, 2008

Why "The docuMentor"?

You may be wondering why I chose a pun-tastic name like "The docuMentor". Well, first of all, I like being "The" something. Capitalized. Yeah. Heh, honestly, though, I thought it captured the essence of what I'm trying to accomplish here: to provide a space for me to reflect on my writing and teaching experiences and for others to come and share theirs as well.

The way I see it, I'm not THE docuMentor. Everyone who comes here and shares knowledge and experiences is a mentor. And those who learn from the information posted here are the students. Quite often, visitors (and myself) will be both mentor and student. That's why I chose the title. Plus, it conveys the subject and the purpose in a very concise way... like good documentation should.

Ok, fine, you want the real truth? I just have a soft spot for bad puns. *sigh*

No comments: